Almost midway between Calgary and Regina, Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park offers two different access points – from the Alberta side or from the Saskatchewan side. The townsite of Elkwater is located in the Alberta side of the Park, just a short half-hour drive south from the Trans Canada Highway.
Download the Interprovincial Park map
Alberta: Turn off the TransCanada Hwy #1 onto Hwy #41 S. Follow Highway #41 South to the Park entrance (32km to Elkwater townsite – main service area)
Distances to & from the turnoff at Highway 41 Junction, Alberta:
– Calgary, Alberta – 325km – 202 miles
– Medicine Hat, Alberta – 32km – 20 miles
– Regina, Saskatchewan – 446km – 277 miles
– Swift Current, Saskatchewan – 184km – 114 miles
– Distance to park from U.S. border: 75km – 47 miles
For further information visit www.cypresshills.com or phone the Visitor Centre (open year round) at (403) 893-3833.
Check out these links.